Education NTNU, Norwegian University of Science and Technology Phd on next generation cathode materials, emphasis on sulfur cathodes. Title: Pursuing New Cathode Materials for Rechargeable Magnesium Batteries.(2017 – 2021 ) NTNU, Norwegian University of Science and Technology Engineering/M.Sc. in nanotechnology, specialization within energy, materials and environment. Master thesis on Si anodes for Li-ion batteries. (2012 – 2017 ) UCSB, University of California, Santa Barbara Exchange student as part of master program.(Fall 2015-Spring 2016 ) UiO, University of Oslo Part time study in Ex.Phil and Materials, energy and nanotechnology (Fall 2011)
Work experience R&D Manager at Morrow Batteries AS Leading the development of one of four main cell products to be produced in Morrow´s gigafactory. (August 2021 – present) Research Scientist at Morrow Batteries AS Involved in a range of technology related projects, from material research to strategic partnerships. (Jan 2021 – July 2021 ) Internship at Institute for Energy Technology Was part of the battery technology research group in the Energy Systems department, with a focus on electrochemical characterization of Si anodes for Li-ion batteries. (June – August 2016 ) Internship at Silicon Labs Delivered a script for automatic formal verification of a range of digital component files used in Silicon Labs’ microcontrollers. (June – July 2015) Internship at Powel AS Participated in the development of a set of services Powel would offer regarding a new IT solution, with a main focus on online training.(June – August 2014 )
- Kaland, Henning. (2021) “Pursuing New Cathode Materials for Rechargeable Magnesium Batteries”. PhD thesis. NTNU, Norway.
- Kaland, Henning; Fagerli, Frode Håskjold; Hadler-Jacobsen, Jacob; Zhao-Karger, Zhirong; Fichtner, Maximilian; Wiik, Kjell; Wagner, Nils Peter. (2021) “Performance Study of MXene/Carbon Nanotube Composites for Current Collector- and Binder-Free Mg-S Batteries”. ChemSusChem.
- Kaland, Henning; Hadler-Jacobsen, Jacob; Fagerli, Frode Håskjold; Wagner, Nils Peter; Schnell, Sondre Kvalvåg; Wiik, Kjell. (2020) “Dipentamethylene thiuram tetrasulfide-based cathodes for rechargeable magnesium batteries”. ACS Applied Energy Materials. vol. 3.
- Kaland, Henning; Hadler-Jacobsen, Jacob; Fagerli, Frode Håskjold; Wagner, Nils Peter; Wang, Zhaohui; Selbach, Sverre Magnus; Vullum-Bruer, Fride; Wiik, Kjell; Schnell, Sondre Kvalvåg. (2020) “Are MXenes Suitable as Cathode Materials for Rechargeable Mg Batteries?”. Sustainable Energy & Fuels. vol. 4 (6).
- Norberg, Andreas Nicolai; Wagner, Nils Peter; Kaland, Henning; Vullum-Bruer, Fride; Svensson, Ann Mari. (2019) “Silica from diatom frustules as anode material for Li-ion batteries”. RSC Advances. vol. 9 (70).
Volunteer work and side projects:
- Involved in a startup for developing software for lab management. 2019-2020.
- Co-developed PyBat: Python-code for handling and analyzing battery cycling data. 2018-.
- Deputy and later president in ECS Student Chapter NTNU. 2017-2019.
- Deputy and later leader at Timini; the student association of the nanotechnology study program at NTNU. Jan 2014-jan 2015.
- Key Account Manager at Timini. Sept 2012-jan 2015.
Would you like to contact this speaker?
We would be happy to pass your request on.