Dr. rer. nat. Thomas Waldmann studied chemistry at Ulm University, where he received his PhD in physical chemistry in 2012 which was financed by a scholarship of the Landesgraduiertenförderung Baden-Württemberg.
In 2011, he joined Dr. Wohlfahrt-Mehrens’ group at Zentrum für Sonnenenergie- und Wasserstoff-Forschung Baden-Württemberg (ZSW) as scientific project manager for different funded (BMBF and EU) and industry projects. He became team leader of the Post-Mortem and aging mechanisms group at ZSW in 2017. Dr. Waldmann is interested in
- Degradation mechanisms of Lithium-ion cells and Post-Mortem analysis
- Inhomogeneous aging effects
- Effect of cell design on aging and temperature distributions in cells
- Interaction of aging mechanisms and safety
- Knowledge-based extension of cycle life and charging strategies